Wednesday, February 16, 2005

on PEANZ - Petroleum Exploration Association of NZ

The converstation with Mike Patrick of PEANZ continued. I shan't bore anyone with the detail, but interestingly Mike said some of these things.

I re-state my case – yes, one day the world’s petroleum reserves will physically run out, despite that fact that it is a “renewable” resource

Mike thinks oil is a renewable resource!?

NZ probably will never be self-sufficient in petroleum resources, but we shouldn’t stop trying eh?

Oh, Mike thinks is ok to throw trillions of dollars into drilling dry holes on the endless quest of "trying" to be self-sufficient, presumably this follows from the first quote.

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions from this. Mike did remind me he IS a scientist, so we should all just bow down at the alter of authority and believe him.

Steve.

No comments: